Connecting to the core of the PhD experience
- Reconnect with what resources your resilience and well-being
- Be clear on your direction, know how prioritise, and set meaningful goals
- Explore what knocks you off balance and how to regain it
- Learn to manage self-limiting beliefs and build confidence
- Balance the PhD with the rest of life and sustain your resilience
- Learn from the collective wisdom of the group
Run as a one-day workshop or a series of shorter workshops or webinars, PhD Resilience is a coaching approach that engages directly in the full experience of PhD Life, enabling PhD researchers to be at their best while sustaining their resilience and well-being.
PhD Resilience is for PhD researchers at any stage of the process, whether starting out or in the final throws of completing. The workshops are adaptive to the agenda participants bring, for example if they are struggling with confidence, procrastination, motivation, supervisors, resilience, balance. The workshops ave been attended by PhD students from the full range of disciplines.
- ‘Absolutely fantastic, enjoyable, stimulating, refreshing and helpful’ (Lancaster, Faculty of Science and Technology July 2013).
- ‘Really enjoyed Will’s style and the fact that he’s been in our shoes ‘ (Liverpool University, April 2014)
- ‘Probably one of the most important days I have spent in my PhD so far’ (Lancaster, July 2018)