Connecting to the core of the PhD experience
- Find clarity of vision and how to bring it alive each day
- Develop the confidence to prioritise and work with clear boundaries
- Create balance within work and between work and the rest of life
- Identify personal strategies to experience the fulfilment of everyday balance
- Learn from the collective wisdom of the group
Run as a one-day workshop or a series of shorter workshops or webinars, The PhD Leader is a coaching approach that engages directly in the full experience of PhD Life, enabling PhD researchers to be at their best while sustaining their resilience and well-being.
The PhD Leader is for PhD researchers at any stage of the process, whether starting out or in the final throws of completing. The workshops is adaptive to the agenda participants bring, for example if they are struggling with confidence, procrastination, motivation, supervisors, resilience, balance. The workshop as been attended by PhD students from the full range of disciplines.
- ‘Absolutely fantastic, enjoyable, stimulating, refreshing and helpful’ (Lancaster, Faculty of Science and Technology July 2013).
- ‘Really enjoyed Will’s style and the fact that he’s been in our shoes ‘ (Liverpool University, April 2014)
- ‘Probably one of the most important days I have spent in my PhD so far’ (Lancaster, July 2018)